NIASA FM/AM Series electro-mechanical actuators combine the sleeve and stem system of the F/A Series linear actuators with the gearbox of the screw jacks, thus obtaining the most interesting features of both types of product.
This way, the FM/AM Series electro-mechanical actuators become the optimal technical solution for applications that require the movement specifications of a screw jack, with the
additional advantage of being able to work under the most demanding environmental conditions.
Their main advantages against other systems, such as pneumatic or hydraulic cylinders, are the following:
- Greater movement and positioning precision.
- Greater safety, due to its irreversibility in many configurations (ask NIASA) and/or the incorporation of different braking devices.
- Superior energy efficiency, as their parts offer high/very high performance, especially with the ball screws, low transmission ratios and high speeds.
- Easier and faster assembly, since hydraulic or pneumatic groups are not required, just an electric motor on the unit itself.
- Greater reliability and duration, and less maintenance, due to the mechanical robustness and construction simplicity.
- Modular design and the possibility to operate in multiple positions.
- Easier to obtain synchronized advance movements of several actuators, including under different loads.
- Lower size for the same load capacity.