NIASA FHM/AHM Series electro-mechanical actuators have evolved from the FM/AM Series, aimed at specific requirements in the solar energy generation sector (photovoltaic, thermo-solar,etc.). They can also be used in any other kind of application with demanding environmental conditions.
The gearbox is round and not cubic, and the input shaft offers the possibility to connect directly to any type of drive. Additionally, the D variant includes a second reduction, thus avoiding the use of reducers in solar tracking or similar applications, where very slow advance speeds are required.
Their main advantages against other systems, such as pneumatic or hydraulic cylinders, are the following:
- Greater movement and positioning precision.
- Greater safety, due to their irreversibility in many configurations (ask NIASA) and/or the incorporation of different braking devices.
- Superior energy efficiency, as their parts offer high/very high performance, especially with the ball screws, low transmission ratios and high speeds.
- Easier and faster assembly, since hydraulic or pneumatic groups are not required, just an electric motor on the unit itself.
- Greater reliability and duration, and less maintenance, due to the mechanical robustness and construction simplicity.
- Possibility to operate in multiple positions.
- Lower size for the same load capacity.