NIASA F/A Series linear actuators are electro-mechanica lcylinders in which a round stem moves inside a second tube,of either steel or aluminum.
The lengthwise movement of the stem is achieved with the combination of an interior screw/nut which drags it, and an electrical motor that drives the screw/nut. The power transmission from the motor may be direct or by means ofdifferent gear solutions and toothed belts.
Against solutions with exposed screws, protecting them with an external stem means that the equipment is very highly sealed and can operate in the most aggressive conditions, with the presence of dust or liquid of almost any type in the environment. The stem provides an extraordinary capacity for buckle load against axial compression loads.
These types of actuators are the best solution in practically any application that requires precise and safe linear movement, whether it is for transfer or for elevation and regardless of the speed required. Their main advantages against other systems, such as pneumatic or hydraulic cylinders, are the following:
- Greater movement and positioning precision.
- Superior energy efficiency, as their parts offer high/very high performance, especially with the ball screws, low transmission ratios and high speeds
- Easier and faster assembly, since hydraulic or pneumatic groups are not required, just an electric motor mounted on the unit itself.
- Greater reliability And duration, and less maintenance, due to the mechanical robustness and construction simplicity.
- Lower size for the same load capacity.
- The screw supports also characterize for offering an extensiverange of:
- Axial load capacities, from 3.5 kN up to 86 kN.
- Stem advance speeds depending on the screw pitch and the transmission used. Trapezoidal and ball screws, depending on the performance required, precision of the desired movement and positioning, etc.
- Outer tube of steel or extruded aluminum profile.
- The latter is, in general, the lightest and enables immobilization in the stem's rotation and a magnetic sensor to be integrated.
- Fastening accessories and elements, for optimal adaptation to the most varied systems that may be designed.
Drives, with different reduction ratios and positions with respect to the cylinder, enable the best solution to be offered for any speed and configuration problem. Among these are the following as standard:
- In line Motors / Motoreducers.
- Motors / Motoreduc. in parallel with the toothed belt.
- Motors / Motoreducers at 90o.