A customer required a custom cylinder for robotic end effect gripper for a 2.5" disc drive testing tool. The needed envelope space constraints and light weight gripper mechanism required custom pneumatic cylinders to accomplish the needed tasks. Additionally a High-speed, high-cyclic frequency 20 million cycles were required.
ITT Custom Solution:
CAP custom cylinder bodies, piston stroke lengths & mounting hole patterns designed around the gripper concept.
- Mechanism required a set of (3) different cylinders per system.
- Low friction seals incorporated for low breakaway and smooth stroking.
- Custom sealing strategy to prevent lubrication weepage.
- Successfully launched the tool.
- Achieved desired speeds and cyclic frequency.
- Achieved zero rod weepage